Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I GOT THE JOB!!!

It is with excitement and awe that I tell you that I’ve accepted an offer from Clear Channel Radio to work here in Tampa at 970 WFLA AM every weekday morning on “AM Tampa Bay” from 5am until 9am. With the state of radio on shaky ground, I can tell you News/Talk radio is the perfect place for me to start the next phase of my broadcasting career. I will be sitting third chair to two men whose broadcasting careers are the stuff of legend in this business!

Jack Harris has been dominating the Tampa Bay airwaves for decades. Jack has worked the mic for The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, The Tampa Bay Storm, The Outback Bowl, and WLFA for years. At one point Jack’s career took him to Washington D.C. where he worked along side Willard Scott! He’s an American Vet and a really smart man! I plan to have a dictionary handy when Jack throws out the big words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Harris_(broadcaster)

Tedd Webb bleeds everything that Tampa Bay is. Born and raised in Cigar City, Tedd has been worked as a DJ, Sportscaster, and Talk Show Host during his decades in radio and even worked along side the legendary Scott Shannon and Cleveland Wheeler at the famous “Q Morning Zoo.” Tedd is a quick wit, a survivor and a
fighter, in the nicest sense of the word.

http://www.teddwebb.com/about/index.html

Both Jack and Tedd are award-winning broadcasters and I expect to learn a lot, and laugh a lot, working with them. Our chemistry seems effortless and I have so much respect for the men they are and the work they do at WFLA. In addition to Jack and Tedd, I’ll be working with Producer Ethan Youker and Program Director Steve Versnick. This is a dream team, as far as I’m concerned!

So what am I doing there? Little known fact: I have a degree in Broadcast Journalism and I bring more than 15 years broadcast experience to the table from TV & Radio News Rooms and broadcast studios – the last 9 years of which I’ve spent in Tampa. “AM Tampa Bay” is committed to the issues the residents of Tampa Bay face on a daily basis and will continue to bring you the information you need to make informed decisions in your community and in your life.

I’m humbled by the support I’ve received from so many on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIN and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. I hope you’ll join us weekday mornings on 970 WFLA AM from 5am until 9am. Here are the numbers to call us LIVE:

Hillsborough: 813-990-9352
Pinellas: 727-461-9352
Toll-Free: 800-969-9352

You can listen LIVE every day here: http://www.iheart.com/#/live/2823/?autoplay=true

And I hope you’ll follow us on Facebook so that we can get to know YOU: https://www.facebook.com/#!/AMTampaBay

As a side note, I wanted to let those of you that still need the inspiration and resources I’ve shared in my weekly Blog that I will continue to write for you! TheUPsidetoUnemployment lives on until you don’t need it anymore!
Keep the Faith and tune in tomorrow morning for my first day on “AM Tampa Bay” on 970 WFLA AM!!!

Corey Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment