Thursday, August 18, 2011

WHY ME?!?!


"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison


You know what? “Why Me” is a question I never asked when I was fired. I’ve been fired before and I‘ve chosen an unstable industry in an unstable time. Almost 2 out of every 10 Floridians are out of work so why NOT me? I’m not taking it personally. I’m looking at unemployment as a new lease on life and the opportunity I needed to spread my wings!

With the U.S. Economy feeling like a roller-coaster, you’re not alone if you think there’s nothing left to do than take your future by the reigns. You can’t rely on corporate America to pull you up if you’re unemployed. You have to create work for yourself and that’s why I’m on the hustle.

I don’t know if I’d say I’m “reinventing” myself but I’m certainly finding that being open to new and different opportunities is opening doors for me. It’s time for a big change and I’m ready and excited about it! Video work? Yes! TV presenter? I’d love to! Radio/Webcast hostess? Sure! For me, trying new things is freeing and invigorating.

As it turns out, many people are leaving corporate America behind in search of something more fulfilling and looking to do things they’ve long put off. Good for you! It’s exciting, isn’t it? Even if you are still gainfully employed, you may want to think about starting something new that may bring you a little cash on the side. I don’t know why I waited this long to create a blog or website and try to diversify myself. Relying on one source for an income doesn’t seem to be working for anyone anymore. I really admire those that go out on their own and make things happen. These days it seems like a smarter thing to do even if it‘s a tremendous challenge! A wise new friend just told me this week, “YOU are in charge of your future!” Thanks, Skip Mahaffey! I believe that I am! After all, I’ve never been the type to sit by the phone and wait for it to ring. ;)

Until next time, keep the faith!
Corey Dylan


Interesting reads:
“Employees Bid Farewell To Corporate America” http://www.cnbc.com/id/42822615

“16 Job Search Errors Often Made” http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/08/15/job.search.mistakes.cb/index.html?hpt=hp_bn8

No comments:

Post a Comment